Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Anna's haircut

Last weekend, Anna cut her own hair. I thought she and Jeffrey were playing on the porch outside, but they were doing haircuts. Apparently, Jeffrey made a couple of cuts to Anna's hair, then she took over. Here is the only picture I could find of what her hair looked like at the beginning of August.
Before...and after...After I cried for a while, and got mad at them both, I called the hairdresser. She was able to see us the next day, and she told me she had seen worse. So here is Anna's first haircut in a real salon. Beth came along for moral support (and to play with the toys, if there were any.)


The finished product...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

oh this is my biggest fear! I'm sure oneday it'll happen and I'll remember it's ok to cry and then to call the stylist right away ;)

Amy Beatty said...

I knew this post would be good just by reading that title. I can't believe how much she cut off. I have seen lots of bad cuts (even saw one today :) ) more like bangs or they give them selves a mullet. But Anna really got down to business. So glad you found someone who could make it into such a cute due. thanks for sharing

Kelli said...

How sad! At least the end result wasn't too bad - she still looks like a little girl. Short hair will be fun though, just stick a little flower on the side and no one will know it was older brother sabatoge!

However, I'm quite amazed by the original hair cut - they did some serious work! Impressive - I thought of the movie 'Edward Scissor Hands' when I saw the picture; at least your children are creative.

Whitney said...

hahaha ohh no!! She really did a number to herself. It's a good thing her face is so dang cute that even with short hair she still looks adorable:)

Jeanette said...

Wow! She's still as cute as ever, but WOW! I'm glad the hairdresser was able to fix it, and salvage what was left. Oh my goodness, these kids.....they make us laugh and cry, and sometimes all in the same breath!

Liz said...

Oh, I am so glad you took all the photos. Won't they be just fabulous to pull out when her daughter gives herself a haircut? I think self- or sibling haircuts are hilarious! Count your blessings you have those fabulous curls in your family!!! :) Straight hair is much harder during recovery. :)

. said...

Mak'n memories ;)
Miss your guys! Linda