Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some things that have made me smile this week

This is a picture of Jeffrey and Anna when he was 4 and she was 2. Jeffrey received it in the mail as a birthday picture from Grandma Jeri and Grandpa Lewis on a mission in Ecuador. I think it is so adorable, and it reminds me how big they are both getting.
The trees are blooming! Popcorn popping...this is the view from the balcony outside our bedroom.
A close up...aren't they gorgeous? I love them. I love the fruitless pears when they bloom in the backyard and the birch tree with its flowing leaves in the front yard. I can just sit and look at them.
Love those blossoms! This means that sunny days are just around the corner...
Okay, this actually made me laugh. This is how one of the children recently put away the peaches after dinner one night. The child 'covered' them this way and then put them in the fridge overnight like this. I found them the next morning. Inventive. Clean up for the creative child who doesn't want to go to the trouble of digging through the tupperware containers to find one the right size!

Another thing that made me smile was a birthday card for Jeffrey from Grandma and Grandpa in Coarsegold. Grandma Pat makes her own cards, and she made this one with Jeffrey with his face in the round window of a rocket ship. It is absolutely adorable. It has been the hit of the family, so much so that I can't find it to take a picture of it to post on here. But it has made me smile all week, every time I run across it. I will try to post a picture of it when I document the Star Wars birthday party taking place on Friday.

Last, this picture of Anna makes me smile. She woke up Monday morning and informed me that I was going to buy her some "clothes" that day. I asked her what clothes she needed. She said she needed shorts, a shirt and a hat. I told her I would try to take her to buy some clothes later just to pacify her, figuring she would forget. It did not make me smile that she bugged me all day long for three days about going to buy her "clothes", especially when I have been trying to plan and shop for stuff for Jeffrey's birthday this week. However, I finally relented and sent Rich and Anna to the girls' section while I got the last of the party stuff. This is what they came up with. I guess the dress won out over the shorts and shirt.

4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Popcorn!!! I miss it so. My parents have so many fruit trees and every year my mom cuts some branches and using them for the most beautiful centerpiece. Makes me miss CA. I know there is some probably around here but I'm sure they are not blooming yet and they are not in my yard. The can trick - must be for big families because we did it all the time even though my mom insisted that we couldn't. Love your little doll. So cute that Rich was the one who helped her shop. What a lovely life you guys have xoxo miss you

Jeri Pettingill said...

What a fun post. Capturing little things that mean a lot is wonderful. I'll bet Jeffrey will love his Star Wars event. The trees are lovely. The people are even better. Wish we could come visit.

RAQ said...

no fair we don't have blossoms yet!:) loved this post, it is great to take time and appreciate the fun little things we forget that meaning to our life...I should do that more!

Whitney said...

That is so beautiful. Gosh I miss coming over to visit. And I can't say it enough, WC is going to be.... WONDERFUL!!!